Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:59:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@jwweeks.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tuning suggestions?

Hey again,

Many thanks to everyone that replied to this post.  Since there doesn't
seem to be a lot of information out there about this setting, I wanted to
add this info back to the list.

I had several people suggest bumping  this to 400 "options
PMAP_SHPGPERPROC=400".  I did just that and it seems to have cured the
problem.  The only problem I have with the fix is that I don't quite
understand how any of us arrived at the 400 number.  LINT seems to suggest
that bumping this too high when the machine has large amounts of physical
memory will cause a boot panic.

I wish someone that really understands this would weigh in.

Thanks again ;-)
--
Jim Weeks

I scribbled: