Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2003 08:41:34 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        Martin Karlsson <mk-freebsd@bredband.net>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: should the docs cater to 5 or 4? or both?

--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx

If memory serves me right, Martin Karlsson wrote:

> I'm doing some work on the handbook, section 12.6 (floppy disks), and I
> have some questions:
>=20
> Should I describe the methods (for formatting floppies, for example)
> applicable to 4-RELEASE or 5-RELEASE? Or both? I notice that the
> handbook states that it "covers [...] use of FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE", but

It should mention the most recent 4.X release as well (i.e. 4.8 in
this case), but I missed updating this part.  I'll go fix it now.

Thanks,

Bruce.

PS.  To answer your original question, I think most of us would say
"whatever versions are commonly used" (in other words, 4.X and 5.X).

--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx

--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx--