Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 14:32:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      jsw@cywub.sitel.net
To:        bsd_usr@yahoo.com (Joey Garcia)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any good books on IP?

> I was wondering if anyone can direct me to some good
> books related to IP addressing, subnetting, and
> routing, and anything else related to IP.

The bible of networking is _Computer_Networks_ by Andrew Tanenbaum.
This covers not only IP but others as well and provides a good basis
for additional readings.

It's now in its third (maybe 4th or more) edition. Each edition has
less and less math and hardcore theory.

Comer (Comar?) and Stevens have an excellent in-depth three-volume set that
focuses entirely on IP. VERY detailed.

Any B&N/Borders should have these.

Good day       JSW