Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:26:47 +0000
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need patch review - NFS fixes for IP binding

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 11:26:51AM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     Instead, I have adopted and cleaned up the kernel portions of the patch
>     and modified nfsd to allow the binding ip/host to be specified on the
>     command line.  Thus nfsd can be run bound to a specific IP address.

This patch isn't very good for us as we need to be able to bind
nfsd to several IP addresses and still have it reply on the correct
interface and I think your patch only allows one to be specified
per set of nfsds?

At the least we need to be able to specify multiple IP addresses
and a "all IP addresses" mode, as in Ian's original patch, would
be useful for us.

I guess we could run bunches of nfsds - one bunch per IP, but this
seems unnatural.

	David.