Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 13:09:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>, Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Language barrier (was Re: HEADS UP!!!! Important instructions for -current users! )

:>>     that someone wil
:>
:> Let me just reinforce this statement.
:
:This is wonderful, but has this ever happened in our mailing lists?  I
:guess I don't remember anyone *ever* ridiculing or harassing someone for
:not being fluent in the language.
:
:Nate

    Oh sure, it happens quite often.  I've seen people 'talk down' to
    other people lots of time in responding to their questions.  I see it most
    often when the person who posted the question has trouble with the
    language.  Sometimes you can just see how much time it took the guy to
    ooze-out a single sentence and it really makes me angry when all they
    get for their trouble is a flip answer from some bozo.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>