Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 04:10:19 -0400
From:      Raymond Law <rlaw@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD and Windows 2000

I installed Windows 2000 on the first hard drive and FreeBSD on the second
hard drive, then got the "limited virtual memory" error when logging on to
Windows 2000.  I had to switch the hard drives and install Windows 2000 on
my FreeBSD drive, and then switch the hard drives back again and swapped
the drive letters to restore Windows 2000.

What I did was to install FreeBSD on the second hard drive, leaving the
first hard for Windows 2000 (NTFS).  I also installed the FreeBSD boot
manager on the MBR of my first hard drive.  This worked when I had Windows
98 on my first hard drive with FAT32.  Is there any necessary steps for
installing FreeBSD with existing Windows 2000 that I might have
missed?  Thank you.

Ray,