Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2018 00:15:23 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>, "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PRs are being closed for bogus reasons :-(

On 01/06/2018 13:45, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> On 01.06.2018 16:16, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
>> On 01.06.2018 00:07, Warner Losh wrote:
>>> So, is this idea? Nope. However, it's clear that the project doesn't have
>>> the resources to re-validate bugs as still being a bug, at least given the
>>> volume of bugs in our bug database. This is not a terrible "second best"
>>> idea that should help the signal / noise ratio of the PR database, which
>>> makes it more valuable to developers and others that might fancy fixing a
>>> bug.
>>
>> The one thing that I like in GNATS and lack now, it sends weekly reports
>> with list of assigned bugs. This was handy. Each committer and also a
>> project mailing list got such list every week. And this was a good
>> reminder to take a look to open bugs, to fixed and not yet closed bugs, etc.
>
> +1
>
> Can we get weekly notifications back?

I always deleted those annoying emails.
Bugzilla provides tools to create personal filters (searches).
You can create one that would produce a list of bugs that you are interested in
or potentially interested in.  Whenever you have some spare time and you are in
mood to fix some bugs, you can open your bug list and go through it.
If you do not have any spare time or you are not in mood to fix someone else's
problems, then the notifications / reminders are not going to change much.

--
Andriy Gapon