Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 1995 20:52:11 +0200
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Hackers' list)
Subject:   Re: /etc/printcap for Deskjet 500 and gs

> it really
> would be NIFTY if somebody who actually OWNED A PRINTER (this does not
> include me) and was kind of DETAIL MINDED actually got mad and angry
> enough about the poor printer support and DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Don't worry Jordan, I do have a printer, & I can assure you  ghostscript
&  ghostview work , I use them every day with groff & my wysiwyg patches to vi
& ghostview to make a nice(ish) doc editing thing,
& print to hp laser often, & can dicert the .ps files to flexfax,
so all is not bad :-)

true I dont use all those other tools, but same as anything else,
he who needs it will use it & fix it, (& if they dont fix it - so what -
we're not collecting 2000 DM per OS CD like some UX vendors :-)

Julian S