Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:49:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Thomas M Duffey <cortex@execpc.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Tracking stable branch

Dear FreeBSD Users,

I'm fairly new to FreeBSD (although I have years of experience with
Slackware, kinda similar...) and have recently come across a FreeBSD
4-RELEASE machine that was setup almost right when the 4-RELEASE branch
emerged.  I would like to merge any updates committed to the stable branch
to this installation.  Unfortunately, I've only been on this list now for
a few days so I'm not aware of any special instructions required to
perform the upgrade.  Is there an archive of issues requiring special
attention anywhere?  Or is it safe to just go ahead and perform the
upgrade using cvsup?

Regards,

Tom Duffey