Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2024 15:48:31 -0400
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        Michael Gmelin <grembo@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Heads-up: ifconfig address without a mask/width to become an error

On Mon, 17 Jun 2024 at 11:16, Michael Gmelin <grembo@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi Ed,
>
> In case there is no EN, what is the process to add information about
> issues like this to the release notes? Something like "known issues",
> which those of us who read the release notes can stumble over and check?

Great question - we don't have a consistent process for an
announcement like this that does not come with a patch. It would make
sense to me to issue an Erratum Notice without a patch, although I
don't believe we've done that before. At a minimum we could update the
release notes for 14.0 and 14.1 on the website to make note of this.