Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:20:15 +0000
From:      rik <freebsd-security@rikrose.net>
To:        FreeBSD Security <security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sshd UseLogin option

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 12:58:04PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
> > Who uses system passwords with ssh(1)?
>
> Does UseLogin disable key authentication?  I've never tried it...

I don't think so, but specifying a command to run does ignore UseLogin
(and is documented as such), so you'll get an inconsistent environment
because of that when doing cvs over ssh, as opposed to logging in over
ssh.

All in all, the UseLogin option seems to be not very useful, and poorly
implemented. But then, we aren't using OpenSSH-portable (well, not in
my source tree, anyway). These things ought to be checked against
-portable

--
PGP Key: D2729A3F - Keyserver: wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net - rich at rdrose dot org
Key fingerprint = 5EB1 4C63 9FAD D87B 854C  3DED 1408 ED77 D272 9A3F