Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 05:13:48 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        Kuzak <kuzak@kuzak.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Odd DoS

Kuzak wrote:

> I upgraded this server to 3.4-STABLE about a week ago after
> a long run with 3.2.. Last night it seems to have spontaniously
> started coughing up this error.  The error seems to coinside
> Jan 26 16:08:22 ai /kernel: arplookup 205.134.161.2 failed: host is not on
> local network
> Jan 26 16:09:05 ai last message repeated 91 times
> Jan 26 16:12:00 ai last message repeated 4 times

I get like errors but in my case I blame it on an aliassed IP that
is on a different subnet than the primary IP is. Have had it for
months now and it's not really detrimental to the health of your
system. Annoying, to be sure. But other than that is merely renders
dmesg useless and can occasionally cause file table overruns. However
nothing critical that I've noticed.

Roelof

--
Būter, brea en griene tsiis
Hwa dat net ite kin is gjin oprjochte Fries