Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 11:10:46 +1200
From:      Joerg Micheel <joerg@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
To:        Michal Przybylski <michalp@man.poznan.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: atm problems

Michal,

On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 04:38:37PM +0200, Michal Przybylski wrote:
> "microcode not loaded"
> I've found that i need to use /sbin/fore_dnld program to load that
> microcode, but where can i find that microcode? I've found some files with
> 'bin' extension, but none works. Fore_dnld seems to hang up.

It's a documented problem, please have a look at

			/usr/share/examples/atm/fore-microcode.txt

In short, you'll need to get the ForeThought 4.0 microcode for that adaptor.
If you have bought the adaptor recently, there might be a problem. Otherwise,
have a look for an older distribution and extract the pca200e.bin from there.

Does anyone know if FORE has officially released the firmware for download ?
That would ease things quite a bit.

	Joerg
--
Joerg B. Micheel			Email: <joerg@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
Waikato Applied Network Dynamics 	Phone: +64 7 8384794