Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 08:41:58 -0500
From:      "Greg Rowe" <greg@uswest.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   EISA 2740 & SNAP Release

 I just recieved my SNAP CD from WC and was trying to upgrade an older 486 with
an EISA Adaptec 2740. The boot floppy recognizes the controller and the drives,
but when it tries to access the drives near the end of the boot process, it
dies with a looping error:

 panic: ahc0: brkadrint, Illegal Host Access at seqaddr = 0x0

 I managed to actually get a SNAP install done using a 2.1 boot floppy to
determine if it's a problem with the SNAP floppy, but I get the same errors.
(The machine was running both 2.05 & 2.1 with no problems)

Has there been any changes in the code that probes this controller ?

Thanks,
Greg

--
Greg Rowe                           |
U S West - Interact Services        | INTERNET greg@uswest.net

    Never trust an operating system you don't have source for....