Date:      Sun, 18 May 1997 10:56:30 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WinCast TV - some hope?

Hi,

> This morning as a last resort before giving up on the current hardware
> configuration, I move the WIncast TV card into another slot and hooked up
> a VCR with to the RCA jack. I actualy got video to show under fxtv, and it
> looked good (still getting tsleep errors, but no crashes)
>
> However, when I switched to regular coax, nothing came out.  When going
> through the RCA jack does it bypass the tuner?

yes, it bypasses the tuner.  one thing you could try is getting a "signature"
for this card with this program:

http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/files/sign.c

return its output and I'll look for any clues.  what this program does is
scan the board for all the parts that it uses to determine the board type.
it might be that they changed the address of something on us.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by