Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 22:29:33 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Willem Jan  Withagen <wjw@surf.IAEhv.nl>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xfree 3.2 on 2.2.2 freezes system

Hoi,

I've put together a small toy system to test some things, eg. the DPT
drivers. But before that I'd also like to use this box for X.

It has an ATI mach64 1Mb card, on a ASUS P55SP4 90Mhz, 512Kb cache.

I've been able to run X a few times, but after installing several ports
the X-system starts but blanks my screen and "locks" my keyboard.
The only way in is through the network, but I'm not able to restore access
to screen and/or keyboard.

What kan I do to get out of this miserable state. (I've already tries
installing X again. Als tried running the SVGA code. Guess I could try
the less capable ones.)

If nothing I'll reinstall the system, but then I'll probably run into the
same situation again.

Thanx,
	WjW
--
Internet Access Eindhoven BV.,  voice: +31-40-2468500, data: +31-40-2439436
P.O. 928, 5600 AX Eindhoven, The Netherlands