Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 08:33:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@RWSystems.net>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcpdump

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Darren Reed wrote:
> In some mail from Coranth Gryphon, sie said:
> [...]
> > If you want to think about it another way, consider it one step
> > towards shipping a "Hardening Kit" for FreeBSD.
>
> How much more rubbish do we have to read about bpf impacting the
> security of a system ?
	[ ... several useful points deleted, but you remember, right? ... ]

Hate to sound like the 60's, but "Right On, Man!". I would hate to see us
with dozens of Kernel disks (like Linux), but I like the config file idea.
It would allow a simple SB16 setup without including another kernel or
explaining LINT v.s. GENERIC and vi operations to some of my friends.
Linux kernel config menu is nice, though.

The crypto-sigs on the ROM would be better than TripWire sigs on a floppy
for the standard executables. For packages, would you have a list w/the
pkg and a sig for the lists?

Thanks!