Date:      Thu, 05 Apr 2001 14:34:59 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, bmah@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Call for review... PR 25577

--==_Exmh_536303544P

If memory serves me right, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
> Brooks Davis writes:
> | On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 12:28:38PM -0700, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
> | > Well I can't see that since it's not an array and the values come
> | > from iterating through Cisco's API and a direct query for the
> | > transmit key.  Look at ancontrol for the ugly & secret details!
> |
> | I'm pretty sure I've also managed to get it to reports things that just
> | plain aren't true like Bruce did.  I've bitched to my Cisco rep again
> | to try and get better doc, but so far I haven't had much luck.  I just
> | made a specific request for more data on setting and getting WEP keys.

I'd like to complain to my Cisco rep too, oh wait, I *am* my Cisco rep.
Nevermind.  I'll try asking around on one of the internal mailing
lists to see what I can dig up.  But my plate is pretty full if I'm
actually going to need to hack code on this.

> | In my patches, I just copied the stuff from ancontrol since that's all
> | we've got.  The linux code is even more non-sensical then ancontrol in
> | that it reports five keys.

Five keys...could be the new home networking stuff?

> FYI we've found a bug in ancontrol and the scheme for reporting keys
> if keys are not filled in order.  It would be nice to get the
> source for the Linux configuration utilties that they distribute
> with the driver on the Cisco web site.  I've tried to run it under
> Linux and I get "no radio found" although I can ping over the
> Aironet card!  Linux and no source makes it hard to figure out what
> is happening.

Can't use Linux configuration utils...I wonder if there's a minimum
firmware rev on the card that you need?

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_536303544P

--==_Exmh_536303544P--