Date:      Sat, Apr 27, 2002
From:      derwin@theinter.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD

When I try and install FreeBSD on an older
machine I get through everything until it starts
to copy files. It will freeze at 4, 7, 9 or 10%
every time. I let it go all nighit thinking it
might just be "thinking" but it was frozen. At
any of those %s the cd rom drive's light just
stops going and the Hard Drive light just goes
solid. (I tired another cd rom drive, same thing)
I am thinking its a different hardware problem.
Please let me know if you have any
suggestions.