Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:54:39 +0200
From:      Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alphastation 200 (and others) PCI-PCI bridge fix

Hi !

On Monday 28 June 2004 14:48, you wrote:
> The IRQs on the AS200 should be shareable as on every PCI architecture.

Tried out - works. New diff available :) I'm trying to test all this a bit
with some stress on the shared interrupts this evening.

> The pci slots on a PC164 are all on the same bus, so I doubt that it'll
> make a big difference.

Hm. isn't there something in the specs, that a 64bit bus will be degraded to
32bit, if there are 32bit cards present? So this 64bit stuff would not be too
useful in this box...

> We already have generic code to do interrupt routing over bridges.
> See Rev 1.14 in dec_axppci_33.c for a example on how to use it.
> It's quite simple to do - getting someone with hardware to test is the
> biggest challenge.
> I can create you a patch if you need.

I'll try to find the time to get the version (uhm, FreeBSD-cvs mirror at home,
no problem so :) and screw it in. Hope to get my tests done with all puzzle
parts put together.

> The generic code used by axppci33 does :)

Hope to be able to bring a "final version" of the patch soon.

...Michael