Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:08:12 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Claus=20Guttesen?= <cguttesen@yahoo.dk>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation on hp rx2600

Hi.

> have a SCSI CD, a
> USB CD or whatever, it's still usable.
>
> Note: A network install should work. I do not know
> what exactly
> could be your problem. I'll try it out ASAP.

I tried to perform a networked installation when I
found out the CD-drive wasn't recognized (after the
install-program was started).

But I couldn't see what interface it tried to bring
up. So after some trial and error I went straight to
the post-installation-part and assigned an ip-address
which gave me this error (after asking "Would you like
to bring the bge0 interface up right now?"):

pid 54 (ifconfig): unaligned access:
va=0x600000000005f046, pc=0x400000000034f940

This was done using the ATA-CD-drive. Since I'm able
to boot on it, I figured I could goes as far as
getting to the networked install.

I plugged the bge-interface into a GB-switch, but it
goes down to 100 Mbit (according to the switch).

regards
Claus

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan