Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2023 12:38:17 +0900
From:      Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino@hotmail.com>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: output of RUN_DEPENDS changes unexpectedly

Hello.

I don't know what it is, but as a maintainer but not a committer, I don't use features related to git branch.
Changes are made directly to files that are checkout-ed, and when updates are made by pull, etc., stash takes care of everything.

git stash push --all -- :/
git pull --autostash ...
git stash pop
git status --show-stash

Submitted patches are required to have been created with git format-path, which requires a git commit.
So I do the commit locally, but do a soft reset as soon as the patch is collected.

git restore --staged :/
git add category/portname
git commit
git format-patch -1 HEAD
git reset --soft HEAD^

Is there some other way to do it better? :)
Wasn't it like this? :)

Regards.