Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 1996 03:14:25 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UID < 65535?

Hi, Reference:
> From: roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
>
> Alex is a filesystem that lets users access files in FTP sites around
> the world just like they access local files.  The name Alex comes from
> the ancient Library of Alexandria. Alexandria gathered information from
> around the world into one easy to access location. Alex does an analogous
> thing in a very modern way.

BBC World Service Radio tonight mentioned that I believe,
apparently a King long ago passed an edict:
All books in all ships coming in to port were to be confiscated,
copied, by his scribes then returned to ships.
But I wouldn't swear to the accuracy (mine or the scribes).

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/