Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:37:40 +0000
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Bart Van Kerckhove <bart@it-ss.be>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OT - Quagga/CARP

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:35:20PM +0100, Bart Van Kerckhove wrote:
> Is this by design, or just lack of time/interest?
> If anyone feels up to the task of  fixing/implementing what's needed to make
> this work, we'd be happy to sponsor its development.

This is a collision between the connected route implicitly created
by configuring an interface which has the same prefix length as
an existing route in the FreeBSD FIB.

This is a known issue and is by design.

Most BSD-derived implementations have this limitation. It needs to be
resolved in preparation for equal-cost multipath.

Sadly whilst I'd be more than happy to work on this (with or without
funding), I don't have the free time to do so, but I may be able to
eke out spare time to look at patches.

Regards,
BMS