Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 2019 11:44:14 +0100
From:      Benedict Reuschling <bcr@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Danilo G. Baio" <dbaio@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Michael Kufner <MichaelKufner@t-online.de>, freebsd-translators@freebsd.org, jkois@freebsd.org, Bjoern Heidottin <bhd@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Self-Introduction: Michael Kufner (de_DE)

--cjYSlvdE0mkP3gjz8x53ucIZrVnYeGZz1
From: Benedict Reuschling <bcr@FreeBSD.org>
To: "Danilo G. Baio" <dbaio@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: Michael Kufner <MichaelKufner@t-online.de>,
 freebsd-translators@freebsd.org, jkois@freebsd.org,
 Bjoern Heidottin <bhd@FreeBSD.org>

--TDIcgg31T6ntclAeWHysODDgVMEHYeUPs

Am 27.12.19 um 18:41 schrieb Danilo G. Baio:
> On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 10:22:06AM +0100, Michael Kufner wrote:
>> Name:     Michael Kufner
>> Location: Moos, Germany
>> Login:    mkufner
>> Language: German (de_DE)
>>
>> You and the FreeBSD Project:
>>
>> I want to contribute to the FreeBSD Project. FreeBSD's excellent
>> documentation made it easier to find my way around. So, I would like t=
>> do my part.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Michael
>>
>=20
>=20
> Hi Michael.
>=20
> Welcome and thanks for your interest.
>=20
> The German team is not using Weblate at this moment, more info here [1]=
=2E
>=20
> CCing jkois@ and bcr@:
> I was taking a look and there are many documents not translated=20
> (most articles)[1], if you want to test Weblate, just let me know and I=
 will=20
> enable the language team for you.
>=20

I think this would be a worthwhile effort, especially with the prospect
of gaining more translators this way. One of us from the DE-team will
have to take a final look over the translated document and commit it
anyway, so it makes sense for me to be involved in that process from the
beginning. Who knows, in time, we might get a few bug reports from
translators (i.e. things that are outdated) and even more so, perhaps
some doc committers as well?

I'm CCing Bjoern as well, he has been most active recently in
translating documents.

Cheers,
Benedict