Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2004 22:26:37 +1030
From:      Malcolm Kay <malcolm.kay@internode.on.net>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@cecov.masternet.it>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:Medium to High end notebook/laptop suitable for FBSD

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 20:24, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:
> At 06/01/2004, Malcolm Kay wrote:
> >On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:29, Alejandro 'lanjoe9' Valenzuela wrote:
> > > I just noticed on the freebsd.org main page, that e-racks
> > > sells FreeBSD and Linux-Ready laptops and desktops, they've
> > > got some centrino and pIV ones, and they looked reasonably
> > > priced.
> > >
> > > http://eracks.com/products/Laptops
> >
> >I've just taken a look at the erack WEB page. Their centrino laptop
> >looks promising and I am following this up.
>
> Before buying anything I suggest you give a look also to:
> http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/index.pl

Yes, I recall looking here before; but seems to be better for gaining som=
sort of confidence that an already chosen machine will not have too
many unexpected cons, rather than a means for initial selection. But I
agree it is very worthwhile.

> After buying what you choose please update info with your laptop too, s=
o we
> can share next time your informations/tips :-)

I'll try to do that! But it might be a while, I have to get the company I=
 work with
and the tax man to agree on a salary sacrifice deal.

Regards,
Malcolm Kay