Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:43:02 -0700
From:      "Greg Smith" <freebsd_mail@yahoo.com>
To:        "Lytle, Robert TQO" <rlytle@tqs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vaio FX290 with 4.4-stable hanging at / mount

Rob,

If the pcic is specified as pcic0 in your kernel you can disable it at
boot time.  You can use

di pcic0
di pcic1

in /boot/kernel.conf

or at boot -c

the former may require updating /boot/loader.conf with

userconfig_script_load="YES"

although that is often already there from using sysinstall.

(pcic1 may already be disabled)

Greg