Date:      Tue, 04 Sep 2012 21:14:06 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox install problem

Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br> writes:

> env:
> FBSD 8.3-STABLE AMD64
> Firefox 15 port
>
> The problem seems to be with the porting itself.
>
> The first problem showed up during configure. Libvpx could not be found and
> configure stops.
> After examining Config.Log, I found  a compiler switch like this:
>
> -L/usr/local/lib/nss
>
> I made a symlink there to libvpx.so and the port compiled without errors.

That's an incredibly ugly solution; if the vpx port were installed
correctly, it would have been detected, so you're probably just hiding a
real problem.

> Then after issuing a make install, this comes up everytime:
>
> [Snip]
> a ./searchplugins/yahoo.xml
> a ./dictionaries/en-US.aff
> a ./dictionaries/en-US.dic
> a ./defaults/pref
> a ./defaults/pref/channel-prefs.js
> a ./chrome/icons
> a ./chrome/icons/default
> a ./chrome/icons/default/default16.png
> a ./chrome/icons/default/default32.png
> a ./chrome/icons/default/default48.png
> /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/config/nsinstall -D
> /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/bin
> rm -f -f /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/bin/firefox
> ln -s /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/lib/firefox/firefox
> /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/bin
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/browser/installer'
> echo 'share/applications/firefox.desktop' >>
> /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/plist_files
> echo "@dirrmtry share/applications" >>
> /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/plist_dirs
> echo 'share/pixmaps/firefox.png' >> /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/plist_files
> /bin/mkdir -p /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/libdata
> /bin/mv -f /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/lib/pkgconfig
> /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/libdata/ || true
> mv: rename /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/lib/pkgconfig to
> /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/libdata/pkgconfig: No such file or
> directory
> /bin/rm -f /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/lib/pkgconfig
> cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/include
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
>
> All the fixes I googled that could relate to this, date back to 2005 the
> latest,, and none of them helped.
>
> I've been trying to fix this for 2 days now and I'm not getting anywhere so
> I can only hope someone can shed a light on this problem here on the list..
>
> My sincere thanks to whoever points me a direction.

You've done something really weird (in particular, the "work/fake"
directory would not exist or be referenced in a normal ports
installation). Try emptying your /etc/make.conf and starting from
scratch.

Good luck.