Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 08:06:01 +0200
From:      "Leif Neland" <leif@neland.dk>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Spammers

Spammers are not nessecarily the most smart people.

I've been hit by a guy, who over 36 hours had gotten around 300000 times =
"relaying denied", but still kept trying.

I noticed this when MRTG showed an unusual rise in loadlevel.

His ip-adress was clearly shown, adsl-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.some.provider

A nbtstat -a from a windows machine clearly showed is mac-adress, and =
the services he was running on his win98 box.

But the most fun stuff was  in my window box typing "start" "run" =
"\\adsl-xxx-xxx "  and getting a window with all his disks and printer.

He was running windows networking, and had all his disks shared with the =
world, and no password.

I don't think he'll be spamming again soon...

Leif