Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 04:31:31 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu, dkelly@hiwaay.net, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uncle Sam, got a million bucks?

> > If you watched any of the hearings on C-SPAN, or saw Bill on Charlie
> > Rose that night, trying to spin the monopoly issue, you'd think that
> > maybe Bill himself would support an effort.  ;-).
>
> I didn't watch the C-span event however I did hear it via real-audio,
> using -current, linux real-audio, and voxware 3.5 8)
> My 2cents it was a "cute" hearing -- Senate to the public:
> You see taxpayers we held a hearing on the so called Microsoft Monopoly
> we have done our job!

This belong on chat now...

My take-home was a bit different.  I especially liked the part
where the senator said "Thank You for your testimony, Mr. Gates,
and I'm sure that as these hearings progress over the next several
weeks, this committe will enjoy hearing from you again".  I'm
paraphrasing here.

It seemed more like "We don't like your answers, so we're going to
take up a lot of your time reasking the questions until we do".

8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---