Date:      Thu, 7 May 2020 21:35:30 +0200
From:      Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Poudriere - Compile ALL Ports

## Leander Schaefer (info@NetOcean.de):

>  Does anyone have the right clue about
> how the FreeBSD package managment team provides a complete repository
> without having these conflicts? There must be a way to do this with
> poudriere since I am most certainly sure they also use poudriere.

The trick behind that is "poudriere bulk -a".
poudriere-bulk(8): "-a Build all ports in the tree with all flavors."
And I'm not sure what the problem is? poudriere does not install the
packages, so conflicts won't matter (unless build dependencies
conflict with each other, but then the package cannot be built
anyways). How do you get install conflicts during poudriere builds?

> Also is there a way to tell poudriere to give a package a different /
> individual name. E.g. I want to compile openldap one time with SASL and
> another time without SASL and place them in the same repository. The
> package naming could/should then be something like this:
>
> - openldap-sasl
>
> - openldap

You picked the one example... we have openldap24-client,
openldap24-sasl-client and openldap24-server to accomodate that.
But in general: unless the ports in question themselves don't
provide a mechanism, there is no way.

Regards,
Christoph

--