Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:24:17 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        jmlewis@dslextreme.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DNS config problems

Joshua Lewis wrote:

>I don't think I have set up Bind9 correctly and I was hoping someone could
>point out any mistakes I may have made.

I'm no expert, either.  Using dig, nslookup, host, and so on, I did
find one error.  Somewhere you have a record pointing to a
"somehost.local" as an NS.  That won't work ;)  Try
"dig yourdomain.com" and see for yourself...

Also, your ISP (dslextreme?) seems to be handling your reverse
DNS, so you don't need to mess with that ... nobody out here will
ever see it, I don't think.

Why don't you head over to dnsreport.com and enter your domain
name there?  Neat tool, will tell you more than I can....

Kevin Kinsey