Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:53:52 -0000
From:      "Dave Carrera" <dave@ephgroup.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cron job questions

Hi List,

I am trying to set up a cronjob and want to pass by the list if I am =
doing
it right.

1) I saw on a list that /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow or =
/usr/lib/cron/cron.deny
needs to exist is this true on FreeBSD as I don=92t have them which I =
think
restricts only root to use cron.

2) I can only su to root dose this affect the way cron works

3) do root#ee /etc/crontab add cron job save exite and run root#crontab
crontab to activate it?

4) if not what do I do.

First go at this so clear instructions would be very much appreciated

Thank you in advance

Dave C

---