Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:44:53 +0100
From:      tony.mccrory@mgn.co.uk
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Mail Toaster CLUSTER

Buy a diesel powered generator
Use multiple upstreams
Spare switches/routers

Given enough =A3=A3=A3 you can answer any of those problems

Of course you could use a GeoThermal powered generator in case the supp=
ly
of diesel drys up.

Tony

                                                                       =
                                                 =20
                    Enriko Groen                                       =
                                                 =20
                    <enriko.groen@netiv        To:     'Fabrizio Ravazz=
ini' <freefabri@yahoo.it>,                       =20
                    ity.nl>                    freebsd-isp@freebsd.org =
                                                 =20
                    Sent by:                   cc:                     =
                                                 =20
                    owner-freebsd-isp@F        Subject:     RE: FreeBSD=
 Mail Toaster CLUSTER                            =20
                    reeBSD.ORG                                         =
                                                 =20
                                                                       =
                                                 =20
                                                                       =
                                                 =20
                    07/30/2001 10:10 AM                                =
                                                 =20
                                                                       =
                                                 =20
                                                                       =
                                                 =20

A good start...

But what if you loose your local network?
Or your local power supply?
Or your internet connection?

I don't see the use of investing time and funds in this kind of redunda=
ncy
when your network is a single point of failure.
It will take your availability up a bit, but you'll still have lots of
points on which operation could break.

--
[ ric0@xhuman.net ] - [ http://www.xhuman.net ]

IMPORTANT NOTICE  The information in this e-mail is confidential and sh=
ould
only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed and is not intend=
ed
to be relied upon by any person without subsequent written confirmation=
 of
its contents.  Furthermore, the content of this e-mail is the personal =
view
of the sender and does not represent the advice, views or opinion of ou=
company.  Accordingly, our company disclaim all responsibility and acce=
pt
no liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any pers=
on
acting, or refraining from acting, on such information prior to the rec=
eipt
by those persons of subsequent written confirmation.  In particular (bu=
not by way of limitation) our company disclaims all responsibility and
accepts no liability for any e-mails which are defamatory, offensive,
racist or in any other way are in breach of any third party's rights,
including breach of confidence, privacy or other rights.  If you have
received this e-mail message in error, please notify me immediately by
telephone.  Please also destroy and delete the message from your comput=
er.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modificat=
ion,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message is strictly
prohibited.  Trinity Mirror plc is the holding company for the Trinity
Mirror group of companies and is registered in England No. 82548, with =
its
address at Kingsfield Court, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9RE.=