Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 10:26:24 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        "Андрей Чернов" (Andrey A. Chernov) <ache@nagual.ru>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need mh users with non-latin character sets to test MH patches...

Thanks, I got it working last night (hence the commits to MH).
It's very cool, your name now shows up in Cyrlic instead of taking up
the entire line in nonsense.

Unfortunately, it looks like cut-and-paste in my xterm is not 8 bit clean,
as I just tried to cut and paste and it came back with:

From:       "aNDREJ ~ERNOW" (Andrey A. Chernov) <ache@nagual.ru>

Hmmm... next step is to fix xterm or X11. :-)

Regards,

Paul

  From: "=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=" (Andrey A. Chernov
>>) <ache@nagual.ru>
>>.
  > I've got some patches for MH that purport to properly do RFC1342 decoding o
  > mail headers with non latin characters in them.

  Look at my From:, it always comes RFC11342 encoded

  > Failing that, Andrey, would you mind giving me the 10 second FAQ answer on
  > how to pretend I'm a Cyrillic freebsd user?

  Basically, you need
  1) Uncomment 'Russian setup' example block into /etc/sysconfig
  2) Uncomment 'Russian locale' into /etc/csh.login and /etc/profile
  Thats all on system level.

  --
  Andrey A. Chernov
  <ache@nagual.ru>