Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2005 20:29:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Shawn B <shawnblan@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISP connection issue (Rick Fournier)

Rick,
I cannot put the actual ppp.conf file here, but I will
retype it.

ppp.conf
--------
default:
	set log Phase Chat LCP CCP IPCP tun command
	nat enable yes
	nat same_ports yes
	nat use_sockets yes
	set redial 15 28800
	set reconnect 15 28800

Sympatico:
	set device PPPoE:rl0
	set mru 1492
	set mtu 1492
	enable lqr
	set lqrperiod 5
	# set speed synch 	# I get an error with this line,
so I leave it out.
	set cd 5
	set login
	set timeout 10
	set authname b1xxxxxx  # I've tried both authname
with and without @sympatico
	set authkey xxxxxxxx
	set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0
255.255.255.0.0.0.0.0
	enable dns

rd.conf
-------
ifconfig_rl0="inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0 -arp up"
ppp_enable_"YES"
ppp_mode="Sympatico"
inetd_enable="YES"

As far as nameservers are concerned, I contacted
Sympatico, and they gave me the two nameservers to
use.