Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:29:19 +0200
From:      Alex de Kruijff <akruijff@dds.nl>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Concerning our new Code of Conduct...

On 16-07-2015 13:14, Big Lebowski wrote:
>> Johannes Jost Meixner <johannes at meixner.dk> writes:
>>> I - as a male - feel not only not tolerated, but also discriminated
>>> against,
>> There are approximately 400 active committers, and not even five of
>> those are women.  How the *hell* can you claim to be discriminated
>> against when you are part of a 99% majority?
>>
> So you are saying that one person can't complain against other person
> actions/behaviour strictly because it is part of some majority? That's like
> very sexist (given we're talking about being male/female here) and
> discriminative (in general) thing since you're denying him the same rights
> simply because he's a male.

He has a point. The following quote is from the movie Philidephia: "This
is the essence of discrminiation formulating oppions on others not based
on there individual merrits, but rather on there membership of a group
with the same charakteristics."

Saying you feel discriminated agains implies that you are being juged on
your membership of a group.

Alex