Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 14:53:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: editors

On Wed, 22 May 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:
> Matt, this isn't for YOU, that'd be an insult.  This's for all those guys
> that post on questions "I'm just starting on unix ....".  They can't
> start on vi because it's too confusing for them, same with emacs.  Go
> find a new user, ask them how easy it is to learn vi.

If you make a product that idiots can use, only idiots will use it. :)

It took me 4 months to so to be able to reliably exit vi withouth
having to hang up the modem.  Come on, this is unix, its not supposed
to be that easy.

All well, I'm standing in the way of progress again.

Have a good one.

(If it gets any easier to use, the tech-support weenies are going to be
able to figure it out and I'll really have problems.  *shudder*  Imagine
the trouble they could get into if they had an OS that made sense most of
the time.  At least with Linux they just wander in circles alot.  I won't
be able to say "I dunno why your box is broke, I don't use Linux." *sigh*)

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|