Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:33:50 -0700
From:      David Johnson <david@usermode.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mercury News forum slanted toward GPL

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 10:02 am, Brett Glass wrote:
> The San Jose Mercury News has just announced a "Roundtable" in which
> "experts" on open source software and a representative or two of
> Microsoft will debate licensing issues. It's described at
>
> http://www.siliconvalley.com/roundtable/

I see from the current list that we have an unusual mix of panelists. Since
you are now added to the list, there is a representative of the "fanatical"
wing of BSD included (no offense intended). I would also like to see the
"moderate" wing represented.

One suggestion is Brian Behlendorf. He is not a member of the BSD community
per-se, but he is a core member of Apache which uses a BSD-like license, and
a member of the Open Source Initiative. Apache is the most successful Open
Source project to date, and it ain't under the GPL.

--
David Johnson