Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:38:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      gmadden@columbus.rr.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   misc/12728: Natd on 3.2-R doesn't work with certain web sites

>Number:         12728
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       Natd on 3.2-R doesn't work with certain web sites
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I did a standard install of 3.2 and set up natd. Certain web sites
(www.compaq.com,www.nba.com) hang when accessing from behind the FreeBSD
box. Tested with Netscape on Linux, Windows NT, Windows95 and IE on the
windows systems. The natd box (connected via a cable modem) has no problems
accessing the sites. Removed all firewall rules to allow ip from any to any.
Replaced natd and /usr/libalias.so.2 from a working 3.1-R natd box and
had no problems.
Try to access www.compaq.com from behind a 3.2-R box using the new natd.