Date:      Fri, 06 Jan 1995 23:56:39 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dusio <dusio@ws062.bytex.network.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, dusio@mail1.bytex.network.com
Subject:   Re: Do we have PROLOG, LISP and REXX for FreeBSD?

> 	I need to do some NLP work in PROLOG.  I usually
> implement in both PROLOG and LISP.  I'm wondering if
> there has been a port of PROLOG, LISP and REXX to FreeBSD.
> If they were on the WalnutCreek CDROM, I missed them.  I
> checked the WalnutCreek/FreeBSD ftp site too.

For lisp, you're in pretty good hands.  Look in the FreeBSD ports
collection under ports/lang:

CVS             Sather          forth           p2c             tcl
Makefile        bison           itcl            schemetoc       tclX
STk             expect          logo            scm

You'll see schemetoc and scheme, which are both fairly nice and
comprehensive scheme development environments (I believe the E-Z-Draw
library uses schemetoc to compile itself to native code).  STk is
another scheme environment.

Nothing for prolog, though I don't imagine that Edinburg prolog would
be too much trouble to port!  We're still missing a few ports from
our 1.x days! :(

Thanks for the kind words!

					Jordan