Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:52:41 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@risc.org>, FREEBSD-CURRENT <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Via MVP3 chipset, K6-2 CPU's

On 1998-06-17 16:33 -0400, Brian Tao <taob@risc.org> wrote:
>     Anyone have a system running on an MVP3 "Super 7" motherboard with
> an AMD K6-2 CPU?  I'm considering buy a system based on the AOpen or
> EpoX or TMC Super 7 motherboards, but I noticed my mid-June -current
> does not list the MVP3 in /sys/pci/pcisupport.c yet.

I have myself choosen the TMC motherboard
(mostly because of its 5 PCI + 1 AGP slots),
but it will be a few more days (or weeks)
until I find time to build up a new system.

There is no need to have MVP3 support in
pcisupport.c: There won't be a chip-set
identification message in the boot message
log, but you already know which chip-set
you got ;-)

(And it is trivial to add the MVP3 device
ID to pcisupport.c. I'll commit the patch
next time I connect to Freefall ...)

Regards, STefan