Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 2014 01:44:57 +0200
From:      Vusa Moyo <vusa@tuxsystems.co.za>
To:        Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Filesystems <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Device Removed by Administrator in ZPOOL?

This is more than likely a failed drive.=20

Have you physically looked at the server for orange lights which may help ID=
 the failed drive?? =20

There could also be tools to query the lsi hba.=20

Sent from my iPad

> On Apr 6, 2014, at 1:20 AM, Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I'm running FreeBSD 10.0 x64 on a Xeon E5 based system with 8GB RAM.
>=20
>=20
> Checking the ZPOOL status I saw one of my drives has been offlined... the e=
xact error is this:
>=20
> # zpool status -v
>  pool: ZPOOL_2
> state: DEGRADED
> status: One or more devices has been removed by the administrator.
>    Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a
>    degraded state.
> action: Online the device using 'zpool online' or replace the device with
>    'zpool replace'.
>  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 9h3m with 0 errors on Sat Apr  5 03:46:55 2014
> config:
>=20
>    NAME                      STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>    ZPOOL_2                   DEGRADED     0     0     0
>      raidz2-0                DEGRADED     0     0     0
>        da0                   ONLINE       0     0     0
>        14870388343127772554  REMOVED      0     0     0  was /dev/da1
>        da2                   ONLINE       0     0     0
>        da3                   ONLINE       0     0     0
>        da4                   ONLINE       0     0     0
>=20
>=20
> I think this is due to a dead disk however, I'm not certain which is why I=
 wanted to ask here as I didn't remove the drive at all..... rather then som=
e kind of OS/ZFS error.
>=20
>=20
> The drives are 2TB WD Green drives all connected to an LSI HBA; everything=
 is still under warranty so no big issue there and I have external backups t=
oo so I'm not really that worried, I'm just trying to work out what's going o=
n.
>=20
>=20
> Are my suspicions correct or should I simply try to reboot the system and s=
ee if the drive comes back online?