Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:10:18 -0800
From:      jamiE rishaw - master e*tard <jamiE@arpa.com>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   stream

  OK..

  New exploit out, 'stream'..

  Causes havoc on just about anything it touches.  I've seen BSD, Linux,
F5 boxen all melt under this new attack.

  I'm told (tho I can't confirm) that it sends packets through with
the established bit already set.

  This is bad.

  Packets like this will sail through most firewalls and ACL's.

  Anyone have more info?  Want to share?  Patches?

-jamie
--
i am jamie at arpa dot com                       this is a no plur zone.

                        "silly raver, k is for cats!"