Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2013 11:20:24 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updates to ar9300_hal / driver, please test

On 8 April 2013 09:17, Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco@freebsd.org> wrote:

> AR9485 here. I updated qcamain_open_hal_public to commit 89885db and
> sys/dev/ath is at r249255.
>
> Everything still works fine in my very common and not-demanding workflow
> (ie. connecting to a WPA2 AP and using Bluetooth with a BT-USB Broadcom
> adapter).

Sweet.

My initial testing:

* AR9485 BT detects (kldload ng_bt) but it doesn't work - I bet the
antenna configuration is just not being written in so it never gets
any actual antenna time;
* AR9462 bluetooth works out of the box.

HOWEVER - bluetooth coexistence isn't configured at all for either of
them. The code is in my open HAL, but I have to write a bluetooth
coexistence shim for the driver and have it know how to configure
things.

And to make things ridiculous, plenty of vendors have "odd" ideas of
how to wire up the bluetooth NICs, so one profile doesn't just "work".
It's one of those reasons why Atheros doesn't ship a single driver any
longer - so much is tweaked by the registry, so vendors can and do use
this. :(

adrian