Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:30:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        David Kleiner <kleiner@panix.com>
Cc:        "R. David Murray" <bitz@bitdance.com>, Matthew Whelan <muttley@gotadsl.co.uk>, FreeBSD-Stable <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: freebsd test matrix

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, David Kleiner wrote:
> Is there a case for loosely-coupled p2p network of systems running freebsd validation
> suites?

That's the idea...  Then the test matrix itself becomes "open", keeping
any one individual or group from footing the bill.  The project's
potential becomes much larger at this point.

First we need a suite that's agreeable, then some beginning tests (and an
easy way for anyone to submit more tests)...  At that point, it is ideal
to have an easy process (make test) whereby anyone wishing to participate
can easily report results to a centralized site.  (Wouldn't have to be
p2p, could report via email or just generate a file the user submitted
themselves.)  This process can either be part of the base system (once we
prove our idea is useful perhaps) or a port/package/script that is
downloaded and ran.  Since stress testing can take a great deal of time, I
think it would be primarily focussed on functional/validation testing.