Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:12:23 -0400
From:      "Larry S. Marso" <lsmarso@panix.com>
To:        Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OS/2 users going to FreeBSD?  :-)

On Wed, Jun 18, 1997 at 05:01:48PM +0000, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> >From: "Geir Eivind Mork" <gemork@online.no>
> >To: "chat@freebsd.org" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
> >Date: Wed, 18 Jun 97 13:48:25 +0100
> >Subject: user of FreeBSD
>
> >I'm a user of FreeBSD (a quite new one too),
>
> I have seen several OS/2 users using/switching to FreeBSD (I am one
> of them).

I'm one of them, too (after a brief tour of Linux-land).  OS/2 has a
superior object oriented GUI, the server for which is multithreaded; X
servers are not! (ready to receive technical FLAME if I'm mistaken).
But I actually prefer off-the-shelf UNIX apps.

> The one thing that I don't know if there is something as good in
> FreeBSD as in OS/2 are email software. I use PmMail and soon  to get
> PMInews. From what I have heard the other email software for OS/2 are
> algo great.

If you want the greatest e-mail system on earth (but non-gui), try MUTT
(see /usr/ports/mail/mutt).

If you want a very good gui e-mail system, try xfmail (/usr/ports again).

--
Larry S. Marso
lsmarso@panix.com