Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 2002 18:13:04 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Trish Lynch <trish@bsdunix.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: projects that need to be done...

Trish Lynch wrote:
> Question:
>
>         what types of things can be done by people who are generally just
> learning thier way around some of the code? is there anyone willing to
> patiently work with a fast learner (yes, honestly my biggest fear is since
> that I'm entirely self taught is that I have some bad habits, and someone
> must be willing to LART me at every opportunity on them until I learn)

The easiest approach that a lot of people have taken (I heard the
statistic that the majority of people with commit bits today had
their start this way) is to start documenting anything you don't
find self explanatory.

In the process, you will learn a lot about it, and at the same
time, you will machete some of the jungle to make a path for the
people who will follow.

-- Terry