Date:      Sat, 01 Dec 2001 04:49:24 -0500
From:      mel <seek3r2k@neurotic.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Off Topic, but help needed!

Hey guys and gals,

This is way off topic but i cant seem to get answers anywhere...so here
goes.

Ive got a scsi bus in my machine and Id like to install an SCA LVD drive
into it.  This scsi bus however
is single ended 8bit and only supports 68pin and 50pin connections while
this new drive is an 80pin. So i got a converter for the drive that
supports both SCA and SCA-2 wiring.  So ive got my Mylex Bt-956C
controller that has power termination, connected to my new drive in the
middle with the converter, and lastly the scsi drive that is SE and
68pin compatible that has power termination to complete the bus.  Only
when i go into the scsi configuration for the controller, it fails to
pick up the SCA drive.  I dont get why.  The converter has all the
jumpers set, namely motor start, and ID0.  Has anyone tried anything
similar?  Im really confused as to why it doesnt work.

here is my new drive:
http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/specs/scsi/st39204lc.html

and this is the converter im using :
http://www.starmount.co.uk/sca_3.htm