Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:13:12 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <sysop@mixcom.com>
Cc:        Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: News...

"Jeffrey J. Mountin" wrote in message ID
<3.0.32.19970416221245.00aea5c8@mixcom.com>:
> What amazes me is the amount that collects from crossposting.  Worth about
> 10-15% the total.

Really? I'd have guessed closer to 30% of all volume is crossposted
more than to more than 5 groups. I'm considering running my server for
a day with the entry in newsfeeds that rejects articles that are
crossposted more than x times (x in this case being 10 for me) to see
what happens to volume

Gary